NKE Educational Requirement
The new online program focuses on completing the nine academic course requirement that assists candidates in meeting the HR technical component required for certification. The courses are offered at the college/university undergraduate level and shall substantially cover the Competency Framework within each related subject.
There will be a single portal open for the creation of student profiles, review of the course calendar, access to prior transcripts and current enrolments, submission of prior learning assessment material (starting Summer 2020 where that option applies), registration and ecommerce. Click here for the online portal.
- Registration Fee $415
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Industrial Relations
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Organizational Behaviour
- Recruitment and Selection
- Strategic Compensation
- Strategic Human Resources Planning
- Training and Development
Course authors are leading academics from Canadian Universities. Course instructors need to have equivalent qualifications to those instructing undergraduate programs.
*See brief course descriptions here.
Course equivalencies may be offered at our Accredited Post-Secondary Institutions. Please contact your provincial association for more information.
Mounting a section of a course shall require a minimum of 20 registrants (in total from across Canada).
The timeline for the introduction of these mandatory pre-courses varies by province. Please check with your provincial association for more information.
Pedagogy and Assessment
- Multimedia lectures – Audio and slides, available 24/7
- Assigned textbook readings
- Instructor moderated Discussion Boards for general questions
- Instructor moderated Discussion Boards on Course topics for participation credit
- At least one major assignment
- Online, live Proctored final examination that must be passed in order to obtain course